Why Move to Raleigh NC or any of the incredible surrounding towns?
1. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! Raleigh is centrally located with easy access to anywhere in the Triangle area. Raleigh consistently ranks among the best places to live, start a business, raise a family, and earn a world-class education. Raleigh and the Triangle area is conveniently located just a few hours from the mountains or the sandy beaches of the Atlantic Ocean.
2. World Class Health Care! The Triangle is an international center of medical care and research and has one of the highest concentrations of doctors and hospitals. Major health care providers include WakeMed, Rex Healthcare, Duke Raleigh Hospital in Wake County, Duke University/Medical Center and UNC Hospitals. These hospitals consistently rank among the highest in the nation.
3. Education! The Wake County Public School System regularly ranks as one of the best in the country and is one of the major factors considered by relocating families to the Raleigh area. The Triangle area offers many world class universities such as Duke University, University of North Carolina and North Carolina State University. The Triangle has 18 colleges, universities and community colleges and boasts the highest concentration of PhD’s in the country.
4. Career/Business Opportunities! Raleigh NC consistently ranks as one of the best places to work and start a business. Thanks to the diverse economic base, our residents can choose to work in a wide variety of industries. Our 3 largest industries are government, education and health care. In addition, we are internationally known for our industry leading high-tech companies in industries that include biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, computer software and hardware, and textiles.
5. Climate/Recreation! Raleigh and the Triangle area is conveniently located just a few hours from the mountains or the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. North Carolina is known for its mild weather year round and its four distinct seasons. We usually get a a very small amount of snow each winter – occasionally enough for the kids to build a snowman. Mild weather translates to year-round outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, boating, swimming and all kinds of sports.
6. Arts and Culture! Raleigh is home to a number of world-class museums that are among the largest and best in the Southeast. In the capital area residents can enjoy the North Carolina Museum of History and The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. Also downtown is the Marbles Kids Museum which offers new exhibits each month for people of all ages to enjoy. If you prefer a night out at the theater, the Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts is the place to be. The performing arts center features the Memorial Auditorium, Fletcher Opera Theater and the Meymandi Concert Hall. These are home to the North Carolina Symphony, the North Carolina Theater and The Carolina Ballet. Be sure to visit the North Carolina Museum of Artwith its new collections and the 164 acre Museum Park which combines art and nature.
7.Sports! College basketball and football teams from Duke, UNC, and NC State are amazing to watch.The Triangle area is also home to the NHL Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes, the Carolina Mudcats (AA Baseball affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds), the Durham Bulls (AAA Baseball affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays), and the Carolina RailHawks soccer team.
8. Shopping! Raleigh is a shopper’s paradise and between Cary, Raleigh, and Durham, you will find 5 major malls with over 450 stores. Raleigh has Crabtree Valley Mall, Triangle Town Center, North Hills, and Cameron Village. Durham has its outstanding Streets at Southpointe Mall, and Cary has the Cary Towne Center.
9. Restaurants! With 100 restaurants and clubs in downtown Raleigh alone, you can see why it is the place to be. When it comes to nightlife, you will find some of the hottest places around to dance or listen to some of the best live music. Our diverse mix of pubs, breweries and nightclubs are just a few reasons why everyone enjoys our area. We have some of the best restaurants in the South! Enjoy a good steak? Try our Angus Barn, ranked as one of the best steakhouses in America.
10. Golf Anyone?. When it comes to golf destinations and outstanding golf communities, the state of North Carolina ranks among the most recognized in the country. The best part is that you can golf just about year-round. There is something here for every golfer from Raleigh’s public access courses to Pinehurst’s nationally known courses. Select golf courses in the Raleigh area include the Hale Irwin designed TPC course at Wakefield Plantation, the Tom Fazio designed course at Hasentree, the Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course at the Brier Creek Country Club, and the challenging Heritage Wake Forest golf course.
Ready to Relocate or Just Want More Information?
Online Resources to Help With Your Move
My website makes it easy for you to view my featured listings and learn more about the community including important information about schools, demographics, climate, crime and much more.
Contact me for all your relocation needs including:
- Community and school information
- Personalized home searches based on your needs
- Expert advice on local taxes and financing
- Referrals for movers, utilities and other local service providers
- Hotel reservations and other travel assistance
- Anything else you need to make your move successful
It is a GREAT time to buy with prices down, interest rates low and the tax benefits of Home Ownership! It is important to understand the home buying process before you start looking at homes so that you know what to expect. I explain the entire process and provide my new buyers with a buyer booklet outlining the steps and what you need to know. If you are looking to buy a home locally or looking to relocate to the Triangle Area of North Carolina – Cary, Apex, Raleigh, Morrisville, Chapel Hill or another town, I would love to help you find your new home. Give me a call with any questions or visit my website.
Want more information on Cary, Raleigh and the surrounding town? Click here to subscribe to my BLOG!
I strive to help people get from where they are to where they want to be.